Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Drunk at 7am.

The token drunk.

I'm pretty sure every fast food place has that one person you're not looking forward to seeing every day...

Mine just happens to be a disheveled woman--perhaps in her mid to late fifties--who shows up intoxicated every day. That is, promptly every day, at 7am.

Though I do not work every morning, I have reason to believe she shows up every morning like clockwork. This is because every morning that I've worked the 6-1pm shift--sporadically--she happens to come in.

The possibility of her knowing my schedule is nearly inconceivable. Therefore, I can only guess that she comes in every damn day.

In odd paradox to her appearance, her behavior is always very consistent.

She walks in smelling like strong liquor, muttering about how she "recently lost her daughter", and complaining about our coffee...

"Your coffee is the fuckin WORST coffee I've EVER had in my fuckin LIFE."

She stumbles over to the register, and then proceeds to order a medium coffee to go.

I would call this pitiful were she not so entirely ridiculous.

In the perhaps certain truth that she did "lose her daughter"--is her absolutely necessary morning process to come in a fast food place at 7am just to insult instant coffee?
Does she expect it to be gourmet? Does she lead a rich fantasy life?
I don't know.

And if in fact she hasn't "lost her daughter", and is only putting on a show--why waste my time?

It's 7 o'clock in the fucking morning, lady.

Take a bath.
Go to church.
Watch Sex and the City reruns, I don't know...mourn like my mother.

Goddamn.

No comments:

Post a Comment