Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Britney, Bitch.

My manager and I were discussing Britney Spears as a part of a once-again early shift routine.

There was no one in the dining room, the sun hadn't even come up yet, and I was washing trays.

We happened to be talking about that period in Ms. Spears' life when she happened to be going through a divorce, and quintessentially "fell off the deep end"--much to the concern of gay men everywhere.

I commented that Ms. Spears surely must have been on "something" the night she shaved her head and went completely postal...implying that it was a simple drug-induced stupor--an unintentional flight of fancy.

My manager eagerly quips: "NUH GUH SHE KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOIN, HER! She was usin crack and dey was takin her to court the next day and she didn't want them chillins taken away from her, so she shaved her head so dey wouldn't find that crack in her system!"

With wide eyes, and a near whisper, I reply: "...they can do that?"

"YEAH, GUH! If dey test your pee dey can only see if you did crack in the past 24 hours, but if they test your HAIRS...they can see ERRRRYTHANG."

I stare at her for what could have been a good three minutes. My mind was completely blown.

I had no idea how my pregnant manager knew anything about follicle testing but...

...I guess you learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment